Sunday, October 2, 2011

Icons

The three icons I choose were Xena the warrior princess, a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, and HBO. Xena is a television series a watched when I was younger about a warrior woman who fought evil during mythological times. The Ford Explorer Sport Trac was my first vehicle that I purchased at age 17. Lastly, HBO is a television channel that provides entertainment by playing different shows and movies.
            I choose Xena because I was impressed by her character. She is a very strong and determined individual. I choose the Sport Trac because I didn’t let people drive it, get inside it with anything that could spill, and they had to have clean shoes. I choose HBO because I am impressed by their ability to entertain me through their hit shows, such as True Blood and Game of Thrones.
The show Xena takes me back to my childhood on Tuesday nights when my family would sit down and all enjoy the show together. As a child I wanted to be just like her and watched the show every chance I got. My Sport Trac makes me look back at my teenage years I was not without this vehicle. When I got in a car accident I cried, not because I was scared, but because someone had damaged something that meant so much to me. Lastly, HBO presents some of my favorite shows. These shows are the only shows I can watch with my husband because we both enjoy them. I like the time we spend together while watching HBO.


3 comments:

  1. It’s amazing how a materialistic item that we gain throughout our lives becomes an icon or we start to idolize it, such as a truck. I’m guilty of this as well. I could only imagine how proud you felt when purchasing it and because of that you cherished it and try to take care of it.

    Also, I do remember Xena, the warrior, how could I not! I as well, remember admiring her for her strength. After watching one of her shows I felt as if I could wrestle an entire gorilla herd and actually win. Xena gave young girls hope and the motivation that we as women can endure, accomplish and conquer!

    Andrea Steele

    ReplyDelete
  2. HBO is a great choice for an icon. They have created some awesome shows over the years and have won several Emmy awards for their work. One show that pops out for me is Sex and the City. The not only has the show won many awards, but it catapulted the careers of the show’s stars, and the franchise went on to make two successful movies. I considered Sex and the City for an icon for this assignment myself! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBO would also be one of my icons also. I am constantly watching it. I normally only watch the movies on HBO. I am not too interested in the shows that they have on there, but I may try to expand my horizons, and give them a try someday. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete